Isoflexx® insulated laminated busbar
– a new benchmark in the area of flexible busbars!
Isoflexx® the busbar that can do MORE! Because flexibility alone is not enough!
Isoflexx® is made up of several layered copper lamellas durably protected by special highgrade PVC insulation (Isoflexx® Classic) or environment-friendly halogen-free silicon insulation (Isoflexx® Premium). The loose arrangement of the lamellas in the insulation allows problem-free bending and twisting, and the fine lamination gives Isoflexx® its outstanding flexibility.
Isoflexx®, the innovative and cost-effective solution
- for all electrical connections in switch cabinets and low-voltage switchgear systems
- as a movable component inside solid busbar systems
- for connecting generators, transformers, switchgear systems and switching equipment
- as a connecting lead to machine switches, immersion baths, etc.
- as a riser in switching systems
Isoflexx® conductor material:
- Isoflexx®Highly conductive Cu-ETP 99.9
- Isoflexx® Tinned or bare copper lamellas
- Isoflexx® Suitable for drilling and punching
- Isoflexx® Resistant, with reinforced edges
- Isoflexx® High operating voltage
- Isoflexx® Homogeneous, stress-free insulation (no bursting at edges)
- Isoflexx® Higher thermal short-circuit resistance than comparable bars or cables
- Isoflexx® Different colors
- Isoflexx® 3 different versions
» Isoflexx® Classic = PVC, self-extinguishing
» Isoflexx® Premium = silicon, halogen-free and self-extinguishing
» Isoflexx® Supreme = Santoprene, halogen-free
- Isoflexx® Complies with RoHS Directive
Easy to install thanks to:
- Isoflexx® Maximum flexibility
- Isoflexx® Bending with minimum radii
- Isoflexx® Shorter connections, space-saving design
- Isoflexx® Reliable operation thanks to high operating temperatures and high operating voltages
- Isoflexx® Certified and monitored by UL/CSA
- Cutting to length
- Drilling of hole patterns
- Drilling of oblong holes
- Press-welding of connections
- Riveting of connections
- Imprinting of customer names and logos
- Full imprinting to customer specification
- Packaging to customer specification
Isoflexx® can do more:
- variable lengths of 250–3000 mm
- Holes on one or both connections
- Presswelding (only blank copper) on one or both connections
- Bending at any angle on the broadside
- Fold over the high edge
- Twist of 90° on both connections
Isoflexx® – the advantages at a glance
Isoflexx® possesses unusual flexibility and can even be folded. In addition, the resistance of the conductor cross-section is far lower than that of cable and therefore permits smaller bending radii.
This saves time and enables you to work more effectively.
Due to the flexibility of Isoflexx®, the number of contact points is far lower than with conventional solid busbar systems. Moreover, the flexible design compensates for construction tolerances during installation, which means it is no longer necessary to perform any additional bending as would be the case with solid busbars. Isoflexx® greatly reduces installation time.
The smaller conductor cross-section of Isoflexx® compared to cables with the same ampacity reduces material usage.
The simple and efficient design saves you time and money.
Isoflexx® enhances the safety of your systems and installations:
- no cable lugs
- reinforced edges
- extreme heat resistance
- certified dielectric strength
- well-balanced insulation
Everything in plain sight
The special Isoflexx® production process allows the use of different colors for the insulation. You can choose from a range of standard colors (green/yellow, blue, brown, black) or specify colors according to your requirements. This means you can color-code different connections, making it easier for you to retain an overview of connections in the switchgear and other systems, while making them safer at the same time.